HOME     PORTFOLIO    CONTACT                       

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Social Networking and your health - Feb 20th

I read a tweet today by a young lady @SteFloresMakeup which says...

"i cant keep up...status updates on FB, tweeting, msn, skype, bbm, model mayhem, building a blog, website...how the EFFFF do u ppl do this!!!



I will not say that I have to deal with any of this because well I'm not important enough for people to care what my status is or what iI'm thinking of...but it is something that people do... Has this replaced life and interaction...

I received an email on facebook from a friend I hadn't talked to in awhile that went along the lines of...

"friend: ...hey what happened to your facebook page. Its like you shut it down...
me: Yeah, I want to take a break from facebook for awhile...didn't you read my display pic it says that my mind is closed until further notice...
friend: aw but I haven't talked to you in so long...
me: well here's my number gimme a call, we need to catch up...
friend: ok ill call you soon"

needless to say I still haven't received that call...then it dawned on me. If I hadn't cut off my facebook page in the manner that I did...the only assurance that this person would know if I was alive would be through recent status updates or if I uploaded a new picture...and the only interaction with this friend that I haven't talked to in ages would have surely been a post on my wall that would probably have gone like...

...omg I haven't spoken 2 u in sooo long how u been?..( I would have replied...)
...good styll, yeah its been awhile how are you?...
it would go on like that for about 2 more post than one of us would just stop replying all together and we would revisit this interaction in the next 2 - 3 months...IN THE EXACT SAME FRIGGEN MANNER!

now I know some may say, well why didn't you call them? yes I could have, but the fact of the matter is YOU said you would call and I'M not going out of my way to look for you like I'm beggin for people to talk to...cause im not...just to make it clear..

I know people..actually to be truthful I've become one of those people...who could go a whole day sitting around a computer watching others lives from twitter, facebook, blogs whatever...When you look at yourself in the mirror and see what you've become, you get scared and pitiful Lol.... but no more! I refuse to be like that!... I'm not going to give up social networking completely but I definitely wont spend time looking at others lives from a screen...I've started going to the gym and reading again...and no more shows like Jersey Shore...yes I said I watch Jersey Shore stone me whydontchya!

Break the circle of no life!

No comments:

Post a Comment