HOME     PORTFOLIO    CONTACT                       

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Princess and the Frog


I have grown up with Disney movies since forever. And I ain't ashamed to admit how much I love them, I mean they've gotten me through a lot of hard times and boring times. So I caught wind of the latest addition to the Disney Family, "The Princess and the Frog" and I cant wait, I mean just take a look at it. Its New Orleans styled characters and setting get me every time I watch it. And I'm happy that it's...uh, I don't want to say black focused...but to hell with it! The characters are black and they got soul haha.

The Princess and the Frog is an upcoming 2009 American animated family feature film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios, which is loosely based on E.D. Baker's novel The Frog Princess and the Grimm brothers' The Frog Prince.It will be the 49th animated feature in the Walt Disney Animated Classics and the first theatrically released 2D animated movie by Disney since 2004's Home on the Range. It is being directed by John Musker and Ron Clements, directors of The Great Mouse Detective, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Hercules, and Treasure Planet, with songs and score composed by Randy Newman and with the voices of Anika Noni Rose (as Princess Tiana), Oprah Winfrey, Keith David, Jim Cummings, John Goodman, Jenifer Lewis, Bruno Campos, Michael-Leon Wooley, Peter Bartlett and Terrence Howard.

Leave a comment and tell me what you think?


The Princess and the Frog from adrien fb on Vimeo.

3 comments:

  1. This is gonna sound so wack, but I felt emotional when I first saw the trailer a few months ago. To see a princess who looks like me? Because every little girl wants to be a princess, and I couldn't see myself in Ariel or the rest...I'm taking my little cousins to see this <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited about this film I can not believe this is the first black disney movie you can count lion king but you never got to see who was the voice of the character. This is something that hits my heart cause i noticed that all these black children think the only way to be a princess/important/make it in this world is to have straight hair and to be white in a sense so for these little kids to see that she has hair like mine and her skin is the same color as mine is amazing
    all im saying is IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME

    ReplyDelete